Virgin Mobile S3 Need to update to latest Kit Kat

Michelle Downes

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Here are the specs for my Virgin Moblie S3:
SPH-710
Android 4.4.2

I had attempted to root the device but only got as far as upgrading the phone's "developer options". Now the phone will no longer automatically upgrade. What is the best way to bring the phone back to factory settings so that I can update to Kit Kat 4.4?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
SPH-710
Android 4.4.2

I had attempted to root the device but only got as far as upgrading the phone's "developer options". Now the phone will no longer automatically upgrade. What is the best way to bring the phone back to factory settings so that I can update to Kit Kat 4.4?

Thanks.
What do you mean by upgrading the phone's "developer options"? If by that you mean enabling developer options in settings, then that shouldn't prevent you from updating if a software update is available.

I suggest connecting the device to a computer and use Kies to update it. Let us know how that goes.

gizmofla

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
SPH-710
Android 4.4.2

Thanks.

I have the same phone "Galaxy S3 SPH-710L" as you on Virgin Mobile. 4.4.2 is the latest update for that phone.

bbolinger

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have that phone also, currently have 4.4.2, but received a system update OTA last night. Anyone have any idea what it is updating to?

gizmofla

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have that phone also, currently have 4.4.2, but received a system update OTA last night. Anyone have any idea what it is updating to?

The update has new kernel and radio. Changes it from NDC to NJ3. What other changes it makes no one seems to know yet.
Got that info from androidforums.com in the S3 root section for Virgin Mobile. You'll still be running 4.4.2 it doesn't update your android version.
I just got the update this morning, my signal is still the same no improvement.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid