Lately I have been experiencing issues with my Samsung Galaxy S3. It has been running slow on occasion along with glitching and lagging out. What I mean by glitching and lagging out is that it will randomly start typing or switching back and forth from an app to the home screen. Basically, it's being a crack head of a phone. It's most recent malfunction was it randomly shutting off WHILE IT WAS ON THE CHARGER when I was watching a video. Now the phone will not boot up. It will stay at the screen where it says, "Samsung Galaxy S3" for about 30 seconds then randomly shut off again. I've tried to boot in safe mode: it didn't work. I've tried to take the battery out and hold the power button to drain any residual electricity: it didn't work. I've tried to charge the battery alone in theory that the charging port on the phone was bad and the phone was not booting due to lack of charge in the battery: it didn't work; when I plug the charger in, it will show an empty battery with the loading circle in the middle of it for about 5 seconds, then shut off. I've also tried to put the phone in recovery mode; when I do this I get passed the phone model screen, but that's about it. The next screen that pops up is the android logo, laying on its back with a caution sign above it. It then reads exactly as follows:

E: failed to mount /data (Invalid Argument)
    E: failed to mount /system (Invalid Argument)

# Manual Mode #
    -- Appling Multi-CSC. . .
    E: failed to mount /system (Invalid Argument)
    can't mount '/system' (Invalid Argument)
    can't mount '/data' (Invalid Argument)
    E: Error in /cache/recovery/last_recovery (I/O error)
    E: Can't mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt

I have no clue what to do at this point and would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
    12-16-2014 04:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a new or different battery?
    12-16-2014 10:33 AM
    No I haven't, unfortunately I do not have a replacement battery, and cannot afford one at the moment. Could the battery be causing this issue? Even with all the firmware errors?
    12-16-2014 12:30 PM
    It's worth testing a new battery. Those errors you were getting only appeared in Recovery Mode, which doesn't necessarily have to do with the power issues. Try going to your local cellphone or electronics store and ask them if it's possible to test out a new S3 battery.

S3 replacement batteries aren't too expensive, by the way. Check out this selection on Amazon: Amazon.com: batteries for galaxy s3
    12-16-2014 05:11 PM