Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S3 connect to the wifi?

dperez0706

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
my samsung galaxy s3 won't connect to the wifi

my power button wasn't working and i saw a youtube video that said that it happens often and that an easy fix is to just go into the hard drive and take it out and use an app to turn off the screen. i did that and now the power button isnt a problem but after i did that i accidentally activated the custom os option i quickly pulled the batter and started it up right and everything seemed to work fine except the wifi.
so if you have any suggestions or ways i can fix this i would be very grateful
please don't say just you your mobile web because i have very limited web for each month

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy s3 won't connect to the wifi

1) There's no hard drive in a phone.

2) Going into a phone and taking anything out usually turns it into a plastic box full of parts that doesn't do anything.

3) You can turn the phone off with an app, but then you can't turn it on again.

4) What "custom OS option"?

5) How did you start the phone if the power button wasn't working?

What you have to do depends on what you did and what you described doing has nothing to do with reality.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
i accidentally activated the custom os option i quickly pulled the batter and started it up right and everything seemed to work fine except the wifi.
It sounds like you're describing booting into Download mode. That should have no effect on Wi-Fi working or not, so I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem.
Can you describe what happens when you turn Wi-Fi on?
Does it show a list of SSIDs?
Does Wi-Fi turn itself off shortly after you turn it on?

Have you tried a Factory Reset and system cache wipe?

dperez0706

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

see only some wifis actually work its quite weird. i was at school today and i could connect to the class room wifi. but it couldnt see the guest wifi. or when im home it cant see any wifis unless im about a foot away from the modom. and i tried to factory reset it but it didnt help. i think it might be my antenna but i could be wrong

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps when you took the phone apart to get at the Power switch you disturbed the Wi-Fi antenna? You should take it apart again and check all of the connections.

dperez0706

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

are there any videos on youtube you'd recomend to help because i dont want to accidentally make it worse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781