How do I stop the duplicate email notification?

cashinwithdave

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to my problem. I have multiple email accounts on my S3, when I get an email I get a notification for the account that received it, then a minute later I get another notification for the same exact email but for the combined inbox. How do I make it stop giving me multiple notifications for the emails? I only need it to tell me once when I get one for the individual accounts, it drives me nuts.

cashinwithdave

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure which one would work best. If you look at the image I attached you will see 2 mail notifications on the left side. When I get an email I get the Gmail inbox notification that is the second one from the left. Then about 1 minute later I will get the first on on the left telling me I have an email in the combined inbox. I don;t need two notifications for the same email, I would prefer to not have a combined inbox but it does not give me an option to have more than one email account without the combined inbox. I wish it was like my previous S3, it did not do a combined inbox. Is there a way to stop the double notification from popping up, if not, then can I at least stop the combined inbox from making noise?

Screenshot_2015-01-13-23-04-31.pngScreenshot_2015-01-13-23-04-31.png

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
2 email programs, 2 notifications. What do you expect?
Put your Gmail account in the other program, and shut down Gmail.

AC App on SGS3