How do I fix my S3 after it messed up after uninstalling the Google Now App?

bstormr

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I installed the "Google Now" app on my Samsung Galaxy S3...it messed everything up, so I removed it. Everything is still messed up and I can't log-into my Cloud Back-up to restore my device. Anyone else have this problem and or have a way to solve it?

Thanks Everyone!
Bryon.:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Now App & Stupid Me!

Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're talking about the Google Now Launcher, since Google Now is part of the Google Search app, which all Android phones have. Can you clarify what you mean by messed up? Are you talking about your homescreen layout?

bstormr

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for the reply...Yeah, it messed up my home screen layout, where my apps are and put a bunch of stuff on my home screen that I don't even use. To access my apps I have to push the apps button. My music player is now where my apps used to be with 4 apps under that that I have never used. I used to be able to swipe my finger across my screen and get to my apps in the order that I used them, and now they're scattered all over the place. I tried to do a restore from my last full back-up too the cloud, but it just sat there trying to connect, (for over an hour b4 I stopped it). My phone is old enough that it didn't come with "Google Now", only Google Launcher, so I had to go and download the app and install it. When It finished installing and I saw what it did, I uninstalled it right away, but it was too late...everything was already changed around and messed up! The sad part is; is that I don't even know what version of Android I am using! If you can help out at all, I would very much appreciate it, but if not, I understand...you would think I would have learned to leave well enough alone by now! LOL :( Thanks again for any help you may be able to provide.
Sincerely,
Bryon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Google Now (i.e., that Google Search screen that shows you various cards you might be interested in, about weather, sports, recent searches you made, etc.) is integrated with Google Search. So if your Google Search app is fully updated, you should be able to access Google Now--typically by long-pressing the Menu button. The Google Now Launcher just makes it more easily accessible as the leftmost homescreen, but it isn't necessary to run Google Now.

You probably just have to set up your homescreens all over again.

You can find out what version you have by going to Settings>About Phone>Android Version​.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be negative but I can't figure out why this thread is in this forum. You're much more likely to get answers in the s3 forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be negative but I can't figure out why this thread is in this forum. You're much more likely to get answers in the s3 forum.

Very good point--I didn't even see that it was in the S6 forum. I'll move it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool