How do I get the USB connection to work on a Galaxy S3?

mikelei

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
How to get the USB connection to work on a Galaxy S3

Problem: Something changed and the computer/explorer will not find the Galaxy S3 phone via the USB connection.
• Galaxy S3, (SCH-1535.10) originally from Verizon, and is Android 4.4.2
• Now uses a T-Mobile prepaid account, no 3g/lte, and has a T-Mobile Sim chip.
• did connect via USB before and after it became a T-Mobile device
• Phone works well. WIFI works well.
• KEIS 3 will see the phone when it is plugged into the Win8 laptop, but says “Unsupported Device”
• My wife’s Galaxy S5 does connect and appear as a USB device
• I have enabled “Developer options” and have “USB debugging” set on.
• I cannot enter “Codes” via the dialer of Phone because I get “ussd code running” but then “Connection Problem or invalid MMI Code”. Is there a way to allow this to work?
• Downloading Samsung drivers and rebooting win-8 did not help.
• I have added an “Access Point Names” for T-mobile manually. I might have lost my USB connection ability after doing this.
• On phone powering on I get: “vzwavsservice has stopped” and APN shows VZWINTERNET grayed-out , but there is now a t-mobile APN.
• Putting the phone into the “downloading” mode did not do anything when plugged into the computer and reinstalling Samsung drivers (1.5.14.0)
• How can I make the USB Computer connection happen again? Please help before I hit it with a hammer!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get the USB connection to work on a Galaxy S3

• I cannot enter “Codes” via the dialer of Phone because I get “ussd code running” but then “Connection Problem or invalid MMI Code”. Is there a way to allow this to work?
What I don't understand is how you got a CDMA phone to work on a GSM network. To a CDMA phone, a GSM signal is just bursts of noise. Whatever you did to get that working probably caused the problem. (If you flashed a TMobile ROM to a Verizon phone, you have something that's neither one - it's just a mess.)

mikelei

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to get the USB connection to work on a Galaxy S3

Yes, I know I have a mongrel of a phone. I just purchased a T-mobile sim and used it ok, I believe there is a usable band for t-mobile in the verizon phone. The USB connection did work until I set up a T-mobile APN and played with the "codes" via dialer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2