On my Galaxy S3 Mini, why do I get the error message Unable to access Google Play services (probably because System Status reads Custom)?

l3ft0s

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S3 Mini Unable to access Google Play services (probably because System Status reads "Custom")

I was given a 2nd hand phone and everything works fine, except I can't access any Google Play services (or gmail app). The error message reads "Couldn't sign in. Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care".

I don't know the full history of the phone, and whether it has been "rooted" or not (not sure if this will effect it?).

From previous threads, I think I've narrowed it down to a System Status problem. In Download mode my status reads:

Custom BinaryDownload: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom

I'm running Android 4.1.1

I have tried a factory reset but this didn't resolve the problem.

Does anyone have any other suggestions with how to access google services (which I think will come from changing the system status back to "normal").

Cheers!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Mini Unable to access Google Play services (probably because System Status reads "Cust

I was given a 2nd hand phone and everything works fine, except I can't access any Google Play services (or gmail app). The error message reads "Couldn't sign in. Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care".

I don't know the full history of the phone, and whether it has been "rooted" or not (not sure if this will effect it?).

From previous threads, I think I've narrowed it down to a System Status problem. In Download mode my status reads:

Custom BinaryDownload: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom

I'm running Android 4.1.1

I have tried a factory reset but this didn't resolve the problem.

Does anyone have any other suggestions with how to access google services (which I think will come from changing the system status back to "normal").

Cheers!
Do you have an active data connection? Either mobile data (provided by the carrier) or WiFi. By the looks of the error you are receiving, the problem seems to be related to the data services.

If you haven't already done so, check your APNs (if using a GSM phone) or update the PRL/Profile (CDMA). Also, consider resetting the WiFi router as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey