It has been charging for about 30 mins and it only has 10%. It was charging normally but now when plugged in, it goes on and off! I also bought that new battery about 3 months ago, so I don't think the battery is the problem here!...Currently it is charging with a blackberry charger I had from long time ago, its taking forever to charge.
    03-20-2015 04:03 PM
    Assuming that the charger has the correct rating and is in good working order, are you sure that the USB lead is good, and that the phone USB port is clean and undamaged?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2015 04:09 PM
    1) Even a new battery can be killed in 3 months if you discharge it to 0 every day. (If you totally discharge a lithium battery - not to 0, but keep the load on it even after it reaches "0", you'll kill it in about 10 hours. I mean "totally dead, not a microvolt at the terminals ever again in this lifetime" killed. The last thing a lithium battery does before it dies completely is disconnect itself from the outside world, and you can't reconnect it with a charger. [Charging a totally discharged lithium battery can result in an explosion.])

So why do we use lithium batteries, not something better? Lithium is the lightest metal (atomic number 3, atomic mass 7). A lead acid gell battery would be a lot better - but lead has an atomic mass of 207 - 30 times as much as lithium. How many people want to carry a small motorcycle battery around to power their phones? Lithium has the highest power to weight ratio we know of to make a battery with.

2) The first hour of charging an almost completely dead lithium battery doesn't put much charge into it. Leave the phone - turned off - on the charger for at least 4 hours.

3) Read our battery care guide, The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries. You can kill your battery quickly if you prefer, but you can take care of it so it lasts for years.
    03-20-2015 05:19 PM