How do I uninstall a malfunctioning app?

A

AC Question

How to uninstall a malfunctioning app

Hi, this is related to a previous question regarding my Samsung S3 mini shutting down.

My phone keeps shutting down after 10 seconds of use, but works normally in safe mode. I was told to open up app by app and see which is shutting down my phone. But how? My phone keeps shutting down when opened up. Is there a way to stop any apps opening up when the phone automatically starts? I've gone into the application manager in safe mode, but the phone shuts down as soon as I do.
Is there any option other than a factory reset?
Thanks,
Dan

(thank you to Belodion in the previous thread, by the way) :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to uninstall a malfunctioning app

Please consider registering on this forum so that you can respond within the thread you create--it's much easier and more efficient for everyone involved!:)

If the App Manager is crashing even in Safe Mode, I would suspect that something in the firmware is glitching. Unfortunately, you may have to try either a factory reset or even reflashing the stock ROM. If a factory reset doesn't help, follow these steps to reflash the stock ROM: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. Find the correct firmware here: Firmwares - SamMobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech