I recently purchased a amplifier/repeater which operated from 750 to 2100 MHZ and tried it at my remote lake home. I know that the signal exits at my location since my neighbors can use similar equipment. I returned home to Spokane WA and tried the equipment at my home where the signal is normally weak. No change in signal strength was registered on the phone. I made sure that the antenna was located with a solid outside wall separating it from the repeater.

Is my phone compatible with the operating range of the repeater?

Thank you in advance.

Randy Melcher
    04-01-2015 08:11 AM
    I recently purchased a amplifier/repeater which operated from 750 to 2100 MHZ and tried it at my remote lake home. I know that the signal exits at my location since my neighbors can use similar equipment. I returned home to Spokane WA and tried the equipment at my home where the signal is normally weak. No change in signal strength was registered on the phone. I made sure that the antenna was located with a solid outside wall separating it from the repeater.

Is my phone compatible with the operating range of the repeater?

Thank you in advance.

Randy Melcher
    You need to know what frequency the signal is for that cell tower you are near. Also using a repeater could cause issues to the reception since it is not tuned correctly and could cause interference. What carrier are you with? Most carriers offer a signal boaster that you can plug in to your home internet connection to boast your signal at home.
    04-01-2015 10:55 AM