Why is my Galaxy S3 not charging good?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S3 Charging Issues

About 6 months ago I had to get a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile because my original had charging issues. They said the charging port was "burned" or something like that. I had the phone I traded in for 1.5 years.

Now, after 6 months my refurbished phone is having a similar issue. It started when it would die before reaching 0%, like at 10-15%. Then I got charging issues. Sometimes it will charge fine others it won't charge at all. Tonight I had my phone plugged into a wall outlet for 2 hours that my laptop is also plugged into and it didn't charge at all. (I'm pretty sure the outlet is fine but I thought I should include the laptop info). I can turn the phone on, it will show 10% (after 2 hrs) and it dies before I can even check my messages.

About my phone usage. I try to avoid leaving my phone charging all night as best I can. But if it is charging at an impossibly slow pace I have no choice but to leave it plugged in. Most days the phone doesn't have too much high data use, maybe a 1/2 hour in study hall. I almost always have it on silent on 4G. If I'm starting the day with lower battery than I want I'll put in on airplane mode for a while. Power saving mode is always on and brightness is on a low setting. (Sometimes the battery percentage will increase by a few percent on airplane mode but then it usually dies earlier, it's like the phone is confused.) I use the charger that came with the phone and it's average position. Most of the time the phone is on while it is charging so I can check messages, etc. it charges faster on airplane mode and fastest when off. I don't use wifi that much. No water, dust or drop damage.

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping I don't need to make an insurance claim before I get an upgrade eventually.
On a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith