I'm going to apologize in advance, I know nothing about technology. I'm clueless as to what's happening with my phone. I go through straight talk, I've had my Galaxy S3 for almost a year now, I've never had any issues with it until 2 nights ago, I noticed while laying in bed that i kept hearing the sound that my phone makes when i plug it in to charge even though it was already charging. I just left it alone because it had only happened a couple times. Last night however, I tried a different charger (the one that i usually use is a USB charger that the phone came with) I went to a different outlet with a wall charger and it only seemed worse, It kept making the charging sounds so i had moved back to my other charger. I was using it while it was charging and although the lightening bolt symbol was on the battery the percentage kept dropping and dropping and would occasionally do the charging sound, I also noticed that if I had it locked and wasn't using it, it charged, just not very much or fast at all. I have looked up stuff about it and some people have said something about dust being in the charging port, I have an Otterbox on my phone that has little flaps to cover the headphone jack and charging port but I looked anyway and it looks clean (From what I can see) Eventually I gave up and tried to find someway to charge my phone. I took off the case and the back, turned off my phone and put it on charge. When I woke, I turned on my phone and it was completely charged. I've been messing with it all day, going to different outlets (Just in case) and it doesn't seem to be any different. It "blinks" a lot from charging to not charging. Has anyone had this issue before? Let me know, Thank you!!

P.s. Sometimes when it "Blinks" it doesn't go back to charging so i try to wiggle the part that's in the phone to see if it will charge in a certain position but nothing happens..
    04-09-2015 02:12 PM
    I have had a similar problem with mine......I had to have the socket on the phone renewed....easy job, I left it at the repair shop for 24 hours and it cost £28 here in the UK Charging fine now
    04-09-2015 03:29 PM
    Barrie is right. Micro USB ports have little tabs that catch the "teeth" on the back of you cable. If one of these tabs gets damaged when you pull out the cable, which can happen really easily since they are only thin aluminum strips, then you can only make a connection when everything (possibly including your tongue) is in the perfect position. Changing your port at a reputable place should be fast and fairly inexpensive as the part is cheap and the time it takes is minimal, sending your phone in unless it is under warranty is definitely not needed.

Turning your phone screen down while charging does seem to make it connect better, and of course not moving also helps. You can do this until you can get it fixed. You can also buy a second battery and a universal battery charger to rotate them out.
    04-09-2015 10:27 PM