My sister has an S3, it's old now and kind of buggy. She has had a weird app appear in her apps menu that says "camera" but it's grey and when you tap on it to try and open it, nothing opens, it just comes up with the option to re-name it. She has tried to delete it several times by dragging it up to the trash can, but it doesn't go anywhere. Could this be something she has created by mistake or could it be a virus on the phone? Thanks
    04-22-2015 06:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds more like a glitch in the system. Does she have a usable Camera app on the phone?

Try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html.

If that doesn't help, go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home (or it might be something else, like Homescreen, Launcher, or just plain TouchWiz), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe the homescreens and reset them back to a clean slate, so you'll have to set them back up again with your shortcuts and widgets.
    04-22-2015 11:57 PM