I have recently moved to a new city so I'm always typing in new locations into my gps. About 1 in 4 times the app takes me to the entirely wrong place - for instance, I'll type 123 example street and it'll take me to 456 whatever street in the next suburb and insist that I've arrived at 123 street.

Even if I clear the app and restart my phone, once it's got the wrong location there doesn't seem to be any changing it. I can re-type 123 street and it says I'm already there even though I can see the street sign that says I'm on 'whatever' street or I know I'm in the wrong suburb. It always takes me somewhere about a 10-15 min drive from where I'm really supposed to be.

At first I thought I might've accidentally 'dropped a pin' as I was driving and it was changing the arrival destination but I've been careful and this is not the case.

I tried uninstalling the app but as a factory installed one it won't let me so instead I cleared all the data/cache and let it update itself from scratch but i'm still getting the same problem.

I have found that if I type an address on my (google account-linked) computer first, it never seems to take me to the wrong place but if I'm out n about and try to find somewhere on my phone it often gets confused.

This is ruining my life, Please Help!

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 if that helps?
    05-07-2015 08:26 PM
    I've gone to Google Maps, the web-based map, and typed in the name of a town, then typed in an address in that town and gotten a completely different location (miles off). Geolocation is great, but it's not perfect yet.

(Make sure you put the name of the town or city in - 123 Example Street may not get you to that address in the city you're currently in. 123 Example Street My City FL will give you a better chance of the software getting it right.)
    05-08-2015 01:11 AM
    Hi, thanks for your response, but the autofill always puts in the city and state for me.

Also it's not taking me to the same address in a different city, it's taking me to a different street name/number in the same city, usually about a suburb or two away from where I really wanted to be and telling me that I'm physically at the address that I typed when I'm not - this is when using it out n about, not just looking up an address from home.
    05-09-2015 08:18 PM
    I'm having the same issue! Plus... Sometimes it takes me to the next street over, which makes it very difficult in rural areas! Somebody please help. Google maps used to be so reliable!
    I have a Samsung galaxy s9+
    08-01-2018 04:15 PM