How do I turn of the amber alert notifications?

A

AC Question

How to turn of amber alert notifications

I've surfed pages of results to this question asked to google, and they either refer to settings I don't have, or are ineffective. My problem is I get notifications in the bar literally 3 times a day for amber alerts in a town 2 hours away. It might be the same alert over and over, or else that town has a lot of abductions. This is not the blaring noise, just the exclamation point triangle in my notifications. If I click on it, it goes to the messaging app.

In the messaging app itself, I have almost no real settings, about a screen full and nothing to do with alerts. There is a separate settings thing for emergency alerts and I have unchecked everything (not presidential) and that has had no effect. I'm on a Galaxy S3.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn of amber alert notifications

Welcome to the forums. If you go into Settings>wireless and networks>more...>Cell broadcasts should have options for Amber Alert.

Chuck37

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to turn of amber alert notifications

(I'm the original poster...)

I see no such place in settings, or I'm missing it. I don't have access to my phone here, but inside settings there are several tabs including "accounts" and other stuff. I checked them all and see nothing about wireless and networks. I just upgraded to lollipop FWIW. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze