Old S3 requires lockscreen passcode after not being used for months, I never set a code so how can I get into my phone?

A

AC Question

Old S3 requires lockscreen passcode after not being used for months

I didn't set a passcode for my old S3. Haven't used it for 7 months, switched it on to get back in use but it is now asking me to enter a passcode. No idea how to get round this. The phone no longer has a sim, just wifi. Is there a default passcode setting that has kicked in perhaps?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Old S3 requires lockscreen passcode after not being used for months

Hello. Could someone else have access to it? If it was on your current Google account, you could try Android Device Manager to Lock it with a new password / pin if it has a data wifi connection.
www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
Android Device Manager seems to be removing this unlocking feature on newer devices.

Failing that you can always factory reset it with the buttons, but you won't get any photos or data back.

Volume Up + Power + Home buttons, release on vibration, wait for the green recovery screen, scroll down to Wipe / Factory reset with the volume down button (I forget the wording), select with the power button, pass the failsafe screen confirmations and Reset:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=283020

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes