So people.

My sister came to visit the other day, and said her Samsung S3 keeps rebooting.
    Worked fine the night before it started doing that kinda tricks (Except of some times that it restarted it self for no reason).
    She brought it to me, and I tried to manually reset its firmware from samsung kies.
    I cannot enter the download mode nor the recovery mode since it keeps restarting.
    I might have a theory since I read that for some reason some peoples S3s were doing the same thing, and that the power button might be broken.
    I have no idea what to do anymore and I could really use some help.

She has not rooted her phone, nor she messed with it. For some reason, a few months back she couldnt access her contacts, so she used a tablet to sync them through email. Thats all I got.

Feel free to contact me on my email if I do not check this post
    (Email Address removed by mod)

Thanks in advance!
    06-04-2015 08:31 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would pull the battery and see if that is ok. Set it on a flat surface and try to spin it. If it does, it's bulged (and causing a disconnect/reconnect) and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't spin, then you may be correct that it is a power button failure. Are there any local repair shops around near you?
    06-04-2015 09:51 AM
    Thank you first of all.

We tried 2 different batteries way before posting this thread, and the battery has nothing to do with it we found out. There are some repair shops but I was trying to find out if I could fix it myself before sending it out for repairs. If there's nothing I can do, fair enough I'll just give it away for repairs. Anyway, thank you for your answer.
    06-04-2015 02:42 PM
    Thank you first of all.

We tried 2 different batteries way before posting this thread, and the battery has nothing to do with it we found out. There are some repair shops but I was trying to find out if I could fix it myself before sending it out for repairs. If there's nothing I can do, fair enough I'll just give it away for repairs. Anyway, thank you for your answer.
    Here is the catch... Can you break the device apart and try to fix it? Probably. At that point, most, if not all, shops will not touch it. Its often too easy to break ribbons and connections just by taking it apart.

From the ZenFone 2.
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    06-04-2015 05:02 PM
    Ok first of all, thank you for your "quick" answers.
    second of all who the heck changed the title and why? its not funny
    06-05-2015 11:39 AM