My Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps on freezing and turns black whenever I make a call. How can I stop this?

A

AC Question

my samsung galaxy s3 keeps on freezing and turns black whenever i make a call

my samsung galaxy s3 freezes all the time and only turns on unless i take the battery out and put it back and and this has been going on for a while but recently my s3 has turned black whenever i make a call and it doesn't turn off unless i take the battery out and put it back in

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my samsung galaxy s3 keeps on freezing and turns black whenever i make a call

Welcome to Android Central! When you make a call, does the screen turn black and the phone actually freezes? Or is it just that the screen turns black? It's normal for the screen to turn black during a call as long as it's up against your ear, due to the proximity sensor. But if it's turning black immediately after starting the call, even when it isn't up against anything, then I would wonder about a faulty proximity sensor. Also check to make sure there isn't anything obscuring the sensor, like a dirty screen protector or ill-fitting case.

As for other freezes, try wiping the cache partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html. If that doesn't help, try also booting into Safe Mode, in case the problem lies with a 3rd party app: Restart the Device in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S III | Verizon Wireless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463