Hi there,

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3; had it for a few years on O2 network in the UK. Recently, I left my phone to charge over night after the battery ran out of charge. I woke up to find no charge LED on the phone, and I couldn't turn it on.

I have tried the following things to power it up:
    - booting it up in recovery mode (Home button, power button and Volume DOWN simultaneously).
    - taking out the battery, pressing the power button a few times, then starting the phone up again with the battery in the phone.
    - taking out the battery, pressing the power button and holding it for 10 seconds, and doing both normal power up, and recovery mode.

Now, a week later, after my phone completely died (and having to do with a Nokia Lumia 610 replacement), I came across a YouTube video in which someone recommends to plug it via USB into the computer, taking out SD Card and booting it up through recovery mode. Voila! I was amazed to see that it booted up; I had my menu and everything.

So I charged it to about 10% via the PC, and decharged it back down to zero. Plugged it back into the socket, and again, not a single sign of life from the phone.

To summarize, the phone only turns on via PC with USB connection, and fails to charge through the socket.

Where do I begin looking for a fix? I would be forever grateful for your help!
    08-05-2015 05:35 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem - had phone unlocked to payg by EE (all official) and the first time the battery discharged completely after that, its gone lifeless. could be coincidence, but the phone worked fine until the unlocking.

I'm not fortunate enough for it to charge from the PC/USB like the OP, anyone help us out?
    10-15-2015 06:56 AM