Hi, my Samsung Galaxy S3 was only about a year old when it started having charging issues.

Sometimes it will not charge at all. Sometimes it will charge but INCREDIBLY slowly, like hours to go up just one percent. Sometimes it will charge then uncharge itself and actually lose charge! Or it will charge to 30% and then I'll leave it a bit and go back to it and it will be on 0%, unable to turn on. All this happens whether the device is on or off while charging.

It is very rare that it ever charges more than 30%, normally it gets stuck there even if it doesn't then lose that charge.

On the rare occasion it fully charges or charges enough for me to turn it on at all, it loses charge really really fast. I can hardly use it for an hour or half an hour. There are long (month long!) periods where I can't ever access my phone because it either just won't start charging and plugging it in does nothing, or because it'll charge then uncharge before I even use it.

I've tried four different cords and chargers (even different wall plug things AND different cables combinations), they all work fine with other Samsung phones in my house/my friend's phones, but not for mine. I've also just tried using a new battery, but that won't charge either. I've tried taking the battery out, cleaning, even blowing at the charging place haha.

Nothing works! I am getting so desperate, this phone isn't old, it wasn't damaged in water or dropped, I cannot possibly afford a new one. It's been broken about 9 months and I only just afforded a $30 battery! We don't afford a house phone either so it is really important to me!

I would appreciate any help soooo much.
    10-08-2015 05:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing--try a new or different one.
    10-08-2015 11:33 PM
    Hi, as I said I already tried a different battery and it doesn't work either! :-( Thank you very much for trying though
    10-09-2015 12:01 AM
    Oh sorry! I saw the part about taking the battery out, but totally missed the part about the new battery.

It sounds like it may be an issue with the motherboard. I was initially wondering about the charge port, but that shouldn't cause the battery to drain quickly.
    10-09-2015 01:10 AM