Re-installing my Google account on Samsung S3

amccanny

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I removed my Google account from my Galaxy S3. I now want to 'Add the Account' back again. I click on the Add Account link, select Google. When I select this option, I am asked to 'Add a Google Account' (this phrase appears at the top of the screen). I select 'Existing' and the heading changes to 'Sign in'.

I fill in my email details. I now get a message headed 'Couldn't sign in'. I am advised that I 'must sign on the web'. I complete my verification code (I have the two step verification process setup) and I am brought to my Google My Account page.

However, on the screen, at the very top, the words 'Sign in' remains. Its nearly like the Google (My Account) screen is in a frame within the window. There is no 'OK' or 'Done' or any other link to click on. So although I'm logged into the Google MyAccount page, I can't get to Google.co.uk and the only way to get out of this page is to press the Home button and so the account is not added.

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try turning off 2-step authentication for your Google account, then try signing in with the phone again. If that's successful, you can then turn 2-step back on.

amccanny

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
That's brilliant - and that's it sorted. Thanks.
My original issue was that when I sync'd my phone with my car, I was getting all contacts including my email contacts appearing on the list. A bit of a pain. I only wanted those with phone numbers associated with them to appear and had hoped that I would have been given that option when reinstalling Google.
Have you heard of any solutions for this issue?
Thanks again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I"m not aware of an easy way to do that. If they're Google contacts, they'll be shared with the car. You could try separating your Google Contacts into one contact group that has phone numbers and one that doesn't (do that on the Google Contacts website), then on the phone, open Contacts, tap Menu>Contacts to Display>Customize, and select the group with the phone numbers. I can't guarantee that'll work, but worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan