Galaxy S3 bricked, how can I get MY FILES back?

Kevinbounce

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH T999 (Tmobile) I have been using for almost 3 years has stopped working. It had been working completely normal up until a few days ago. There were no signs of this coming but after checking my phone, a short time after, the phone couldn't power on. When I used different batteries to turn it on, the phone couldn't get past the "Samsung Galaxy S3" and seems to be stuck there for as long as the battery is in there. I have done research on ways to fix this but none have worked.

My phone is able to go to download mode (Volume down+home+power) but can't get into recovery mode(volume up+home+power). I went through the odin process to get my phone back working but odin always fails for me.

Anyways my main goal here is to somehow get my files back that I have left on my phone. I have so much important stuff documented in my Calendar, S memo, as well some pictures. Is there anyway I can get this stuff back? Is this stuff still saved somewhere in my phone? Are these files safe? I can't get over the fact that I don't have these files with me. I don't care if I won't be able to use the phone like I used to but as long as I get those files back I'll be happy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a difficult situation, and the main reason why files on a phone should be backed up or synced regularly. It's also a good reason to use Google apps that sync automatically with your Google account in the cloud (like Google Drive, Google Keep, etc.), because preinstalled apps from the phone manufacturer often don't backup or sync anywhere automatically (or even at all). Samsung apps might backup to your Samsung account, so you might want to check there.

Calendar events that are entered into your Google account will sync automatically to your Google Calendar in the cloud. If you entered them into your Samsung account, they might be backed up there as well. But if you entered them into the local Phone account, those again don't sync or backup anywhere.

Take the SD card and insert it into your computer's reader. Are any files there? This would probably just be things like photos.

I'm afraid I don't have much I can offer you beyond that, sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21