Replacing full body housing .... any advice?

CaseyRockStar

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My screen glass suffered a corner crunch, so I checked out the landscape for repairs ....

One-man phone stores around town charge $60 and up, so I look at DIY options ....

glass.png

Parts to change the glass are less than $10 .....

And what I see on YouTube is doable for me (adhesive tape, glue is too complicated)

housing.png

Then I see this full body housing replacement set ... just $11 ....

Includes all the parts to replace the glass ....

And I can change my phone from PEBBLE BLUE to FROST WHITE ....

QUESTIONS: Anything that might help .... is the glass Gorilla? Does that even matter? Why is glue better? Anything that might help, from A to Z

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The type of glass used in the kit? Well, that varies from kit to kit.... Some may use GG, others might just use soda lime glass or something else. It varies.

As for glue vs tape... well, depends. :) Tape can be extremely tough... ask anyone who has applied a wrap or skin that uses the 3M adhesive backing. :) I put a Toast wood skin on my Nexus 6 once and when I took it off, I thought I was going to pull the whole back off. Glue has its own advantages since there is a higher liklihood of a even and complete adhesion. And OEMs use glue as the glue makes the actual manufacturing process a bit easier and allows for tighter tolerances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12