Samsung S3 GT-I9000 - Trouble booting Do not turn off target others..what do I do?

Garshne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S3 GT-I9000 - Trouble booting; "Do not turn off target"; others...

I got an S3 given to me by my father. It has problems with overheating due to being in a sweaty pocket on hikes in Malaysia several years ago. I broke my own phone so I have this one until I can afford my own. In any case, I reset the phone to factory settings. After putting it down in sleep mode for a few hours, I pressed the power button to unlock the phone and found the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. I left it for two days, the first day on charge, and the day after until the battery ran out. Upon recharging the phone back to full, it would go to the "Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9000" screen. I removed the battery and reinserted it, and it went straight to the "Downloading" screen.

So I left it for a week, and then found the "Recovery Mode" online. Using recovery mode, I reset the phone to factory settings again. This time the phone booted to the main screen, but again, after locking it and putting it down for a few minutes, I come back to find the "Downloading" screen again. This time, it wouldn't go to Recovery Mode. I fiddled with it (pulled the battery repeatedly until it worked) and eventually got it into Recovery mode, Reset to factory settings, and then rebooted it. It got to the blue Samsung Logo and got stuck there. So I pulled the battery, and now it's back to the Downloading screen.

I'm at the end of my wits here. This phone is causing me a lot of problems and I'd just like some straight answers.

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung S3 GT-I9000 - Trouble booting; "Do not turn off target"; others...

Hello,
no win these days s3 is not available and many peoples saying about this issue and after this they are change his phones and many are change phone with s4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2