S3 gt-i9300: Accidentally deleted OS, how do I get it back?

A

AC Question

s3 gt-i9300: Accidentally deleted OS

I was attempting to flash cm 12.1 on my rooted gs3 via TWRP, and got up to the step of wiping the entire system. Somewhere during the process I realized that somehow I'd screwed up. I then tried to restore my backup. It was only after this did I realize that somehow, in my rush to flash a custom rom for the first time, I had idiotically forgotten to backup my data to micro sd card prior (meaning I only checked the options of backing up boot, system, and cache). I then tried to reboot back to the system, only to find that I had deleted my damn OS. Yet I proceeded to reboot, and then realized that I was stuck in a boot loop and couldn't boot into custom recovery, or into recovery mode at all. I was able to boot into download mode, however. Other than that, though, there was nothing I could do. This series of stupid decisions by me is resulting in my only phone being unusable, and I have no idea how to fix it. As I've stated it's my first time flashing a custom rom, and although I wouldn't like to consider myself a noob at this kind of thing, having read many tutorials and prepared for months, I really am. Please help, I don't even know where to start in fixing this.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: s3 gt-i9300: Accidentally deleted OS

Boot into download mode, download and install Odin to your PC, find the exact ROM for your device, flash and start again. ROMs can be found on sammobile

sprckt

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: s3 gt-i9300: Accidentally deleted OS

OP here, had to make an account

Thanks so much for the reply. I already have ODIN, furthermore I've discovered that I am able to enter recovery mode again, if that makes a difference.

I have found a stock ROM from AndroidFileHost, however it is a Zip file.
So from what I've gathered, I'm supposed to boot into download mode, and use ODIN to flash that stock ROM, right?
So how do I flash the zip through ODIN? I'm sorry, I've never done anything like that before.
Thanks so much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2