How to fix a "Can't play video" error?? [Samsung Galaxy S3]

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to fix a "Can't play video" error?? [Samsung Galaxy S3]

What's your mobile data signal like, and what kind of download speeds do you get? To find out your download speed, search for "speed test" with your Google app, then tap the Test button that shows up. For smooth HD video, you generally need at least 2-3 Mbps download speeds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That would explain it. Is this expected from your carrier, or should it be significantly faster?

Locokittykat

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

Hello I am also having the same problem but I have a Moto x , I have tried the uninstalling the Google+ updates but that didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions on why mine may not be working ?

marsha l

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site

I have always had this problem of can't play any what's app videos on my S7. I did the "webview update" like suggested in previous post, as well as uninstalling Google+. Still can't get the videos to play. So I reinstalled Google+ and turned out all "app permissions" and no luck with that either. Any other suggestions? Btw I restart my phone after every change to make sure it takes effect.

Essey

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

I cant find Google+ in my application...
Please help...

Marcus Garcia2

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site

The problem I'm having with this error is when I try to stream a video to another device such as my smart tv. When I try it connects but then after like 10 seconds I get an error saying "Can't play this video (501)". Please of you have a way to help it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

MhicDhuGhaill

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site

And for those of us who do not have Google+ installed on our phones, how do we go about fixing this issue?

rjsarker77

May 9, 2017
Visit site

Hellowwwwww all ,
I can give u a simple solution, that's no need to uninstall google+.just tap the icon which named "google settings" , then "personal info and privacy" then go to "Google+ setting" .this will be open by a browser. Now u can see some options names which are bold.find "STREAM"
see it's 1st option like this "Restrict stream...........screen size" is off.turn it on and then make a smile.that's it. in my galaxy s3 t-mobile fix in this way.I think it'll work all android phones.
Thanks
RaJiB :)

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Hellowwwwww all ,
I can give u a simple solution, that's no need to uninstall google+.just tap the icon which named "google settings" , then "personal info and privacy" then go to "Google+ setting" .this will be open by a browser. Now u can see some options names which are bold.find "STREAM"
see it's 1st option like this "Restrict stream...........screen size" is off.turn it on and then make a smile.that's it. in my galaxy s3 t-mobile fix in this way.I think it'll work all android phones.
Thanks
RaJiB :)

This didnt work for me. pixel 2 XL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams