How can I get my phone to turn back on?

A

AC Question

my phone switch on.

A few days ago my phone just switched off the battery was low but not dead. I tried switching it back on but the logo just kept flashing. When I tried charging it the battery icon just let flashing. I tried taking the battery out, holding the power, home and volume buttons (up, then if that didn't work down). Now my phone won't switch on at all and when I charge it the battery icon still just flashes. This isnt the first time I've had problems with the Samsung Galaxy s3. Just a few month ago I took it in to get repaired and bought a new battery for the phone.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming by now that even though it seems to not be charging you've left it on the charger anyway and tried to start it after an appropriate amount of time. If not that's where I'd start. While you didn't think the battery was excessively low it could have been a false reading. The phone would then appear to die for no reason. Anytime the device is forced to shutdown without going through the proper shutdown cycle it causes a read error. This is similar to holding the power button on your pc to force it to power down. Upon restart it has to scan it's disks and check for errors. The force shutdown of your device may have caused an error with the battery display causing to only flash when plugged in even though it may actually be charging. Allow it some time to charge and then attempt to power it up. It may take additional time to power up so don't get worried if it sits on the logo screen or hangs up somewhere along the line just allow it to complete the power up. You shouldn't have to do any button combinations for this either. In the future try to avoid allowing the device to power down on it's own because of low battery. This is hard on devices and can cause corrupted data which can lead to other problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49