Uninstalled and reinstalled application, yet widget says "Application Not Installed"

Techtoad63

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have downloaded an app called "QPython3." It lets you write scripts in the Python programming language. I was having problems with a particular script running that had been running fine for over a month, so I uninstalled and reinstalled QPython3. When I did so, the widget that lets me link a script to an icon on my phone disappeared off my home screen. No problem, I thought. I went to the Widgets tab under Apps and found the widget. Dragged the widget to put it back on my home screen. A message popped up stating "Application Not Installed." I can't get rid of the widget, nor can I get it to work. QPython3 still runs scripts (including my custom script) fine. I just can't link any to an icon using the widget.

My phone is a Galaxy S3 running Android 4.4.2 with kernel 3.4.0. QPython3 is up-to-date, as is Android. Phone is not rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the cache/data for QPython3. If that doesn't work, and you don't mind setting your homescreens back up, try clearing cache/data from TouchWiz Home.

Techtoad63

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I tried both steps. Same problem exists. Annoying as heck. Though, it *did* prompt me to do some cleanup and rearranging of icons on my homescreens, so at least *some* good came out of it! <grin>

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that it was last updated 1/18/16. Did this start happening after you updated to this most recent version?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It won't hurt to try an alternate launcher, but the reason I was asking is that not all widgets work well on alternate launchers. So if you were using Nova Launcher, I would have suggested going back to TouchWiz.

At this point, I'd email the QPython3 developer, if you haven't already.