I was reading the news on my phone when it just froze and went black. Now it won't turn on at all. I hold the power button and nothing happens. Worse still, nothing happens when I plug it in: no battery icon, no LED indicator, nothing! I've looked online for people with similar issues, and the only solutions people have come up with is to try different batteries, but I have two spare batteries and nothing happens with them as well. The only thing I did notice that worked was the LED indicator lights up red when plugged in with no battery in it. Even then, I cannot turn it on. Does anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    03-16-2016 03:05 AM
    Hello,
    This is a hardware failure.... Most likely it's the power management IC or the memory emmc chip.

It's not cost effective to repair.
    Best solution is to replace the motherboard or phone.
    03-16-2016 08:26 AM
    To really diagnose any further, you would need to pass the charger through a usb ammeter and see what is going on, but I would second spagman, this feels like catastrophic failure of the emmc or pmic or something in that line. With an s3, unfortunately the answer is probably to chuck it in the recycle bin.
    03-16-2016 08:42 AM
    Well shoot, that's no good at all. Thanks for the info still, much appreciated.
    03-16-2016 02:51 PM