My dad has a galaxy s3 with a broken lcd and digitizer... I have a fully functioning s3 that just has cracked glass. They are both the exact same phone with the exact same carrier. Can I just take my dad's motherboard and put it into my fully functional s3 with no problems? Do I have to transfer anything other than just the motherboard? And please keep it simple as possible. I understand how the insides work I just don't understand all the tech speak. Thank you
    03-31-2016 12:05 PM
    My dad has a galaxy s3 with a broken lcd and digitizer... I have a fully functioning s3 that just has cracked glass. They are both the exact same phone with the exact same carrier. Can I just take my dad's motherboard and put it into my fully functional s3 with no problems? Do I have to transfer anything other than just the motherboard? And please keep it simple as possible. I understand how the insides work I just don't understand all the tech speak. Thank you
    Welcome to Android Central!

Yes you should be able to just move over the motherboard. I have done it several times for some of my Galaxy phones and it worked just fine.
    04-05-2016 06:40 AM