Stuck in the recovery screen with a broken power button

Mostafa Sanad1

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
i went to the recovery screen with adb commands but when i try to reboot from there it doesnt work and says "error: device not found" and i have all the drivers on my computer
also the power button is removed so i cant do the button combination
So my question is that is there any way to control the recovery screen through a computer? Or a way to select any options through my computer?

my phone is Samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300
jellybean 4.3
sorry for my bad english

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So if you type the command prompt "adb devices" while in recovery, and in CMD, it doesn't find your device? I do believe you have to have USB debugging on, on your phone for this to work. Did you have that enabled?

Chris

Mostafa Sanad1

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Yes, i did type adb devices and it didn't find my device when I am at the recovery mode.
is there any way to navigate through the options in recovery mode through a computer?

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i did type adb devices and it didn't find my device when I am at the recovery mode.
is there any way to navigate through the options in recovery mode through a computer?

I will assume you have stock recovery, most stock recoveries are not adb functional, some that have the "update from/via adb" option are adb compatible.

Try connecting a USB keyboard and or mouse and make the selection, use a 4 port USB hub that connects to micro USB or get a normal USB hub and use a USB to micro USB adapter to plug it into the phone, connect the keyboard or mouse to the USB hub then use a double ended USB cord to connect from the hub to your PC(this should allow you to use adb to boot to recovery with all the USBs plugged in at the same time).

Or you can flash TWRP recovery and use recovery via touch to make selections.