Help! I just dropped my phone on the ground, and now the screen is all glitched out! The only thing I can think of that might be wrong is the connection to the touchscreen has been damaged, but I want to know what other people think. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or would it be worth just getting a new phone? Initially right after it happened I could sort of make out images of the phone background, but it was all distorted and glitchy. Now all I get is a faint blue line at the top of the screen. I have tried resetting it, removing the battery, removing the SIM card, etc. but nothing works. I am pretty sure it is totaled, but maybe someone else can still help.

Secondly, if I do need to get a new phone, how does that work with my contract? I currently still have about 5 months left on my contract with Koodo. Would I have to cancel and pay off my current contract? Or could I just get a new phone for the remainder of the contract duration? How does it usually work? I will probably be talking to my service provider tomorrow morning anyway, but I would really appreciate any information you guys can give me!

Thank you so much in advance for any responses,

Josiah
    01-12-2017 02:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could bring it to a repair shop and ask them to diagnose the problem. If it's just a loose connection, it probably won't cost that much to fix. If the LCD is dead, that will cost more. If you're handy, you could try checking the connection yourself:

Regarding your contract, the best thing to do will be to contact Koodo and ask them. Good luck!
    01-12-2017 02:42 PM
    Thank you so much, B. Diddy for your response! I didn't manage to get it checked out today, but hopefully will get a chance tomorrow. Thank you for the video too. I think I will try this first and see what I can do. I will update after I find out more.

Thanks again!

Josiah
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-13-2017 04:25 AM