I dropped my S3 yesterday and it appeared to be alright until I attempted to unlock it, to find that the touch screen wasn't responsive. Initially I thought (and hoped) that it was a software thing, took the battery out and restarted it to no avail. Slowly throughout the day the screen had grown a purpley tint to it, and it progressively got worse and worse to the point where this morning, the screen might as well not turn on, I can see deep purple/blue blobs. I was wondering as to whether I'd be able to replace the parts myself, or I should look at getting it all properly fixed. Thanks heaps!
    04-05-2017 04:31 PM
    Going by your description don't know if it's as serious as your display is failing or if it's just a matter where the little ribbon cable connector going from the motherboard to the display just needs to be re-seated. (Perhaps it was loosened by the dropping and then just progressively worked its way looser through the day.)
    This ifixit guide shows a step-by-step guide through the whole process of actually replacing the LCD/glass assembly:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung...lacement/28326
    It's a bit of project and you'll need the appropriate tools and a heat gun. Considering the S3 model is pretty dated (2012) you might want to think about just upgrading to something newer. If you like tinkering and actually want to take on replacing components in your S3 that's a different issus, but from a financial standpoint if you take this somewhere to have them fix it, once you add up the parts and labor it will probably be cheaper to just pick up a used S3 from a source like swappa.com:
    https://swappa.com/buy/samsung-galax...cUvbUpU5745717
    04-05-2017 07:34 PM