Notification Badge Disappeared on S3

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how I may retrieve the Nova notification badge icon? It seemed to have suddenly disappeared on me?

It's that icon that groups together my e-mail, texts and what's app all together.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear -- you're using Nova Launcher as well as TeslaUnread, right? Are you talking about a badge on a folder that contains all of those communication apps?

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes. That is correct. Nova Launcher and Tesla Unread. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it back because I am able to see a counter for each individual communication app. However, the communication apps used to be grouped under one badge.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say that the apps used to be grouped under one badge, do you mean that the apps are all in the same folder on the homescreen, and you used to see a badge associated with that folder?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which option did you select in Nova settings - notification badges? Have you already tried 'dynamic badges'? They work fine with my folders.

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes...notification badges and dynamic badges. I am receiving the notifications for each communication app icon. I am just puzzled as to why they are no longer grouped together under one folder.

Thanks for the response.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the communication app shortcuts icons on the main homescreen by themselves as well as in that folder? Or are they all in that folder only? It probably doesn't make any difference, but see what happens if you make sure there's only one instance of the shortcuts anywhere on the homescreen. In your case, just have them all in the Communications folder.

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
They used to all be in one folder. Now, they are all separate icons. At the end of the day, you are probably correct. It does not matter as I am receiving the notifications. Once again, I just found the abrupt change odd.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that's the crux of the issue. If the communication apps aren't all grouped together in one folder, then you won't get some kind of unified communication notification -- only notifications associated with each app's shortcut icon.