Lots of folks I see having same issue. After reading forums and what others have done, I turned phone off/on, did not work. Took out battery, no go. Went to Settings, Applic. Mgr, Google Text-to-Speech, tried to "clear data" and "Force Stop", did not work. All that did was fade out the buttons disabling them. Then I went in Settings, Language & Input, clicked on Text to Speech output, clicked on the gear icon, Settings for Google Text to Speech, and there I saw it was set to Wifi ONLY. I normally don't use Wifi on my phone. Eureeka!!! I enabled my Wifi and within seconds, the download was complete! I thought I would share this to others having same issue. Mine was easy fix. I just enabled my Wifi!
    pkcable likes this.
    06-24-2017 07:23 PM
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your problem and solution Please consider joining the site.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your problem and solution Please consider joining the site.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-24-2017 07:37 PM
    Mod note: this thread has been moved to the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum for better exposure to members.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-24-2017 07:48 PM