Pairing Galaxy S3 to 2013 BMW 128i

oldskulz

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and trying to pair it with my wife's 2013 BMW 128i Base to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks from the oldskulz

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and trying to pair it with my wife's 2013 BMW 128i Base to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks from the oldskulz

Hey Oldskulz

I have had this happen before. Not with my vehicle but a BT Device.

This worked for me.

Goto Settings > Application manager > View All > Bluetooth share / Or Bluetooth > tap Clear cache.

Restart your device. Try to to pair with the Beamer again. If that still doesn't work. Go a little further with the following:

Before clearing the Bluetooth data make sure to record any important Bluetooth connections that you do not think you will be able to remember or setup again. This step in troubleshooting will tell your phone to make your Bluetooth feature start fresh and clean again and as such it will erase any current connections saved in your Bluetooth’s connection log/memory. This shouldn’t be a big issue as you will be able to simply re-connect to those Bluetooth connections when you need to use them again but I thought I would mention it for good measure.

Goto Settings > Application manager > View All > Bluetooth share / Or Bluetooth > Clear data.

Restart the device again. And try to pair to the Beamer.

Hope that helps! Let me know. The first should work, if not the second for sure.
If not it's a communication issue with the Beamer and the device. Especailly if you are able to pair other BT devices

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke