Hi
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (I think I had one update since purchase - I think it's jellybean)
    When I try to sign in to one app (Mhz Choice) I get the error message "cannot establish a secure connection".
    It had been working fine for months, and I haven't added or changed anything recently.

I did search the forum and read all the similar issues (as best as I could understand), but could not find a solution.

I tried:
    date/time setting
    uninstalling app, clearing all cache and cookies, rebooting, reinstalling
    downloaded Chrome browser and made it my default browser
    - all to no avail.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, as (obviously), I am an amateur. That app is the only TV I watch, so it's kind of frustrating.

Thank you.
    Jane
    10-04-2017 01:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? S3? Note 3? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Are you using a VPN?

Have you tried wiping the cache partition? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    10-04-2017 03:30 PM
    It is an S3, 4.42. I am not using a VPN. I did wipe the cache partition. Btb - excellent instructions for that procedure. Sadly, it did not work. Also the error occurs on both Wi-fi and mobile data.

Thank you very much for trying. If you think of any other possible fixes, please do post, as I will continue to check back.
    10-04-2017 08:32 PM
    It could also be a problem with the app -- there are a few recent reviews on the Play Store app page that talk about app crashes. Are you able to try it on another device? I would also email the developer and see if they have any ideas: support@mhzchoice.desk-mail.com
    10-05-2017 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have emailed them, but they could not help. They suggested things that I had tried, and when I explained that they never responded.

My other device is an old Samsung Tab with a 4.2.2 OS, which cannot download the app.

Thanks again.
    10-07-2017 01:19 PM
    See what happens if you change the DNS server for your router: http://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-...ur-dns-server/
    10-07-2017 01:28 PM
    Hi, the most common answer to this problem is your browser. Just download Firefox. It will work in tandem with others. It corrects this issue because it deals with older phone models. All the best
    Jay
    09-30-2018 02:30 AM
    Hi
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (I think I had one update since purchase - I think it's jellybean)
    When I try to sign in to one app (Mhz Choice) I get the error message "cannot establish a secure connection".
    It had been working fine for months, and I haven't added or changed anything recently.

I did search the forum and read all the similar issues (as best as I could understand), but could not find a solution.

I tried:
    date/time setting
    uninstalling app, clearing all cache and cookies, rebooting, reinstalling
    downloaded Chrome browser and made it my default browser
    - all to no avail.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, as (obviously), I am an amateur. That app is the only TV I watch, so it's kind of frustrating.

Thank you.
    Jane
    Hi Jane
    Maybe you have fixed the problem as it was quite a long time ago, I had the same problem and I fixed it by accessing the date and time settlings and changing the time zone to GMT+1 British summer time. It may be different for you depending on where you live but it works for me (Scotland) if it's too late for you it may help someone else with the same problem.
    06-15-2020 08:38 AM
    @ Alex Christie: Welcome as a new member.
    Your post is empty. Please try again.
    06-15-2020 08:46 AM
    (thread rearranged slightly)
    06-15-2020 11:47 PM
    (thread rearranged slightly)
    And moved to the S3 subforum, as well.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-16-2020 03:05 AM