Recently the power button on my Samsung Galaxy s3 broke and constantly turns the screen on and off. Today when I was using it, the phone randomly shut itself down. When I try to turn it on, it does one of two things. Either the phone simply vibrates off and on over and over again without the screen even turning on, or the phone powers on as usual until it gets to the carrier screen. Then the notification light begins to flicker, and then the screen will begin to have flickering white bars appear on it before the phone shuts off. I think the broken power button could be a part of this problem. In all the other posts there are two solutions. Neither of those have worked for me. I cannot bang the power button on something because it is not that the power button is stuck in, but the button itself is broken. I have also tried booting it in recovery mode and wiping the cache, but that didn't help either. I am very desperate to find a fix for this. Please help. Thanks.
    11-08-2017 06:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure how an isolated Power button issue would cause flickering white bars on the screen. There's probably something else going on with the motherboard. I'd suggest bringing it to a repair shop.
    11-12-2017 12:57 AM