Google News headlines are blacked-out

Runningbare

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
In my Google news feed the headlines are all black-boxes. The pictures about news items appear fine and the subject at the top of the page appears, but the headline areas below or beside the pictures are black blocks. When I click and go to the story itself everything is fine. This only recently started. Any fixes? I have had my phone for two years and this has never been an issue before. I have tried force-stopping, clearing cache, clearing data and re-booting. Thanks for help.

Ken

Runningbare

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
got all the headlines when I was in safe mode. When I rebooted in regular mode all the headlines came back per usual! Didn't know safe mode was so powerful! lol Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it helped! Although we're still not sure exactly which app was responsible. Safe Mode might have only temporarily solved it -- if it happens again and you want to get rid of the problem for good, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Runningbare

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. so far so good. But I don't understand how any other app but the google app might be responsible. don't get what you said about uninstalling apps one-by-one, unless other apps might be interfering with the Google app. At any rate I will let you know via this thread if it becomes a problem again.