hello,

i have a galaxy s3 that won't turn on. one day it started getting really hot and started turning itself on and off til eventually, it didn't turn on anymore. i tried buying batteries off of amazon but i can't seem to get it to turn on. if i plug the micro usb port in to the charger without a battery, the red light goes on, but the phone won't turn on. if i install a battery the light won't go on nor will the phone turn on.

do you think there is any hope? it was my mom's and she suddenly passed away so i'd do anything to turn it back on again.
    thanks for your time and any help is greatly appreciated

p.s. if you tips on finding repair shops that are beyond the simple cracked screen lmk. thanks
    02-09-2019 04:30 AM
    The last phone I dealt with that was randomly heating was one that had water damage.

That being the case, I would normally say that for a phone of that age it's simply not worth trying to repair it as you can spend the same amount on a replacement device but there's some sentimentality tied to the device. Unfortunately unless the shop can do repairs to the circuit board itself, the repair is probably going to be replacement of the board which will contain any of the data you wanted the phone for.
    02-09-2019 07:01 AM
    thanks for replying hallux. do you think data recovery is possible on a phone that won't power on?
    02-22-2019 03:31 AM
    @mymelomelo that's a discussion for folks more experienced in that field than I, sorry.
    02-25-2019 07:14 AM