S3 hard/factory reset and now it won't work

jayree

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
My partner reset his S3 and now it won't work properly, I couldn't do anything in safe mode, it keeps telling me that Google play is disabled and a few other apps too so I can't even use it.
So I got it to the downloading page (ODIN MODE) and it's been stuck on the page for ages.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to press the Volume Up key to continue downloading (flashing a ROM) or the Volume Down key to continue booting. (If you already pressed the Volume Up key, hold the power button in until the phone restarts, but that may not fix anything. Volume Up/Home/Power will get it to Recovery, where you can do a factory reset again to see if that fixes it. [Something might have glitched the first time.])

If not, you'll have to download a ROM (and driver for the PC you'll have to use) and reflash the ROM.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My partner reset his S3 and now it won't work properly, I couldn't do anything in safe mode, it keeps telling me that Google play is disabled and a few other apps too so I can't even use it.
So I got it to the downloading page (ODIN MODE) and it's been stuck on the page for ages.
Hi,welcome!
Holding the power button for 7 seconds should get you out of that mode , or try power and volume up same time for 7 seconds.
How did you get to down load mode and why? There is specific commands with the buttons to get there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz