Spigen NeoHybrid S4 Drop Test

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It was unintentional but I just wanted to share.

I dropped it while I'm taking it out my pocket.

I picked up the phone from the ground and had to properly put the case back again on the phone because case got slightly separated from the phone (one side only) because of the impact.

Phone still working good.

Posted via Android Central App

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
That's good to hear! I hope that I never drop this case or phone. I love this case by the way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the report, glad there was no damage. I got mine yesterday, and am still getting used to the almost square edges (compared to my Incipio case). Phone feels a little awkward in my hand, but I think that I'll get used to it. Very nice case though.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine as well couple times and thanks God no issues with phone only few scratches on the case.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine once with the dante red neo hybrid case on it. The phone was ok besides a dent in the metal around the camera. Kinda scary for how close it was to the glass.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine once with the dante red neo hybrid case on it. The phone was ok besides a dent in the metal around the camera. Kinda scary for how close it was to the glass.

How was there a dent near the camera? The neo hybrid has a lip around the camera cutouts. Did it fall somewhere with small pebbles or something?

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea I didn't even notice it till later that day so I'm sure it prolly did but still. It's not much a lip around it. That was alot of people's worry was if the neo hybrid would protect the camera in the event of a fall. And it pretty much did besides the small dent.

Terb

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear its holding up to getting drop. Really been enjoying the case myself.
No drops yet, but sure it's coming.

Posted via Android Central App Using My Galaxy S4

gantavya

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I got mine recently. Glad to hear that it sustains the drops although it is pretty light and slim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

sad cricket

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I wished my S4 wrapped with the Slim Armor faired as well as yours did. I accidentally dropped my phone while getting out of the car. I was about a three foot drop and landed on the right corner where I sustained a separation between the glass on the phone. It is not a big area but I am still disappointed the Slim Armor did not protect my phone. The case itself looked pristine like it never has been dropped.

Robbe016

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I signed up just so I could post this.

I love this case. It's amazing. I've actually dropped my phone several times and have had no problems. One time while walking back on the side-walk next to a busy street, I dropped my phone from about chest high and panicked and tried to catch it, and I inadvertently hit the phone out onto the street about 5 feet away. Don't know how that happened. The case was banged up pretty bad with scratches and such, but my phone (Galaxy S4) was like new.

Only problem with this case is that the outer lip ring, the part with the color, I've had to replace 3 times because the thin piece near the docking port broke. It's extremely fragile, so bumping it or aggressively pull the charger out of the phone can cause it to break. It's unfortunate, and also not covered under the SPIGEN warranty.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I signed up just so I could post this.

I love this case. It's amazing. I've actually dropped my phone several times and have had no problems. One time while walking back on the side-walk next to a busy street, I dropped my phone from about chest high and panicked and tried to catch it, and I inadvertently hit the phone out onto the street about 5 feet away. Don't know how that happened. The case was banged up pretty bad with scratches and such, but my phone (Galaxy S4) was like new.

Only problem with this case is that the outer lip ring, the part with the color, I've had to replace 3 times because the thin piece near the docking port broke. It's extremely fragile, so bumping it or aggressively pull the charger out of the phone can cause it to break. It's unfortunate, and also not covered under the SPIGEN warranty.

I love the case as well. I bought the case once I got the phone. I have dropped it only a couple times. I have also had to replace the color plastic trim once as well. Broke at the bottom by the the charger. But a new one is like $6 from Amazon.

I do agree though, it's worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE