Galaxy S4 extended battery

Odd Future

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to know if there was a bigger battery for the galaxy's s4 that is the same size as the original one so I can still have a case in my device.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRock5tar

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 extended battery

I have an extended battery but their arent any cases for it except one. The bigger the battery people the least chances you have of finding a case. Maybe try looking looking for a leather hip holster that hooks on your belt to compensate the size!

Odd Future

May 27, 2013
Visit site

I have an extended battery but their arent any cases for it except one. The bigger the battery people the least chances you have of finding a case. Maybe try looking looking for a leather hip holster that hooks on your belt to compensate the size!

I want a bigger battery that's the same dimensions as the original so I can use the case I have now.

Posted via Android Central App

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Any one find a case that works with the extended battery

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

MPJ 3500mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 I545 I337 L720 R970 M919 | eBay

Same dimensions as original battery but is 3500mAh, as compared to 2600mAh from the stock battery. Stock cover will work.

I'd be highly suspect of their claims of rated capacity. A lot of no name extended batteries inflate the rated capacity (especially on one that says it is rated for 900mAh more than OEM and isn't any bigger). You are taking a gamble.

markw5586

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

I'd be highly suspect of their claims of rated capacity. A lot of no name extended batteries inflate the rated capacity (especially on one that says it is rated for 900mAh more than OEM and isn't any bigger). You are taking a gamble.

Possibly, and I cant guaranty that it is genuine, but its worth a try if someone wants to take the chance.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

On other devices, I have purchased extended batteries that were terrific, and ones that did nothing. I would urge anyone who takes the gamble and buys one of these to report back after you can tell how well it works.

Tia

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't know if anyone else got one but mine should be showing up later this week, I'll check it out for myself.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

MPJ 3500mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV I9500 I545 I337 L720 R970 M919 | eBay

Same dimensions as original battery but is 3500mAh, as compared to 2600mAh from the stock battery. Stock cover will work.

Ok, just a quick update, I got this battery in today, it is NOT the same size. It's very close, but it's an extremely tight fit into the battery bay. That's probably how they got the extra capacity in, by literally taking up every nanometer of the battery bay that they could, it's almost too big to fit, and you have to shove it in firmly. It's heavier/denser than the OEM battery, so I completely believe that it would be higher capacity.

I'm currently charging the battery, I think 2600 mAh is hard-coded into the OS though, it's still showing as that. Have to see if it drains slower according to my 3rd party utilities.