06-19-2015 01:55 AM
53 123
tools
    In my experience, my son had the Lifeproof case for his Galaxy S4 and it was nearly impossible to hear/understand him. He bought a Lifeproof for his S5 & he says it is supposed to be better, but same problem. He now uses a bluetooth headset and that clears it up completely - but he has to wear a bluetooth headset!

When I got a Galaxy S4 and he told me the new Lifeproof cases were now working great for that model. So I did 4 tests with the plain S4 and then with the S4 in the Lifeproof case. Test 1: called my home answering machine, listened to the greeting and left a test message. Test 2: Listened to a music MP3. Test 3: Made a voice recording. Test 4: took an outside picture. I then did the exact same 4 tests with the S4 in the Lifeproof case (Fre). The results I had were: Test 1: answering machine greeting sounded good but the test message I left was very diminished in volume. Test 2: music MP3 sounded good. Test 3: voice recording was terrible! Very, very low volume - could hardly hear it. Test 4: picture was no different than the plain phone. Initially the phone while inside the Lifeproof case could not pickup voice search or S Voice input. After reading some troubleshooting blogs, I blew into the microphone port as if blowing out a candle and it helped. I was very disappointed in the overall performance.

Being unsatisfied with the call quality and voice recording, voice search and S Voice app failures, I purchased an OBEX case. I performed the same 4 tests with the following results: Test 1: better earpiece sound quality and the voice message quality was barely if any different than the S4 not in any case. Test 2: music MP3 sounded better. Test 3: voice recording was barely if any different than the S4 not in any case. Test 4: picture quality was the same as the S4 not in any case.

For me, the OBEX case was hands down better in call quality/clarity, earpiece sound and voice operations. And it came with a belt clip holster.
    02-22-2015 09:17 PM
    I have a question. Can I use a screen protector with the LifeProof Nuud? Or, for a proper use, the screen must be naked?
    I have a nuub and I have a screen protector on and it works just fine.
    06-19-2015 01:54 AM
    I have a nuud lifeproof case and I'm on my 3rd case and the keep breaking. The headphone jack cover come off or the charging port door breaks.
    06-19-2015 01:55 AM
53 123