Galaxy S4: Looking for new Case

dgr8h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone I'm looking for a case for my S4 I currently have the spigen neo hybrid attached to the phone but was wondering if anyone knows of any cases which will allow me to put my S4 into it without taking off the spigen neo hybrid case? anyone know of a pouch of some sort which will allow me to do this without it being to much of a tight fit?

Last edited by a moderator:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for new Case

Hey everyone I'm looking for a case for my S4 I currently have the spigen neo hybrid attached to the phone but was wondering if anyone knows of any cases which will allow me to put my S4 into it without taking off the spigen neo hybrid case? anyone know of a pouch of some sort which will allow me to do this without it being to much of a tight fit?

Your case is pretty thin. Here is what I would suggest:
Amazon.com: Large Oversize Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, & HTC One Smart Phone Case Pouch Holster w/ Belt Loop, Belt Clip 5.75x3x0.75: Cell Phones & Accessories

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I always go with otter boxes :) adds aclil bulk but i can throw it through a wall and still be able to pick it up and go about my buisness then again you might not need such protection... but i have abover night stocking job im bending stretching pulling pallet jacks stacking boxes sometimes i run a fork lift

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I always go with otter boxes :) adds aclil bulk but i can throw it through a wall and still be able to pick it up and go about my buisness then again you might not need such protection... but i have abover night stocking job im bending stretching pulling pallet jacks stacking boxes sometimes i run a fork lift

The OP asked for a case that his current case would fit inside. That's not happening with an Otterbox.

dgr8h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Nice! thanks for the help everyone appreciate it will probably look for something along the line of what mhinc posted I'm in the uk by the way but im sure they will have something similar on the uk amazon.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

But for me otter or nothing then again im like 6'2 and wear carpenter jeans with a lot of pockets i honestly dont think for a dude you dont need anything else than your pants pocket or jacket picket and buying a bag? I would honestly make fun of you and call you a woman with your little coin puerse

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

But for me otter or nothing then again im like 6'2 and wear carpenter jeans with a lot of pockets i honestly dont think for a dude you dont need anything else than your pants pocket or jacket picket and buying a bag? I would honestly make fun of you and call you a woman with your little coin puerse

I use an Otterbox as well, but the OP wasn't asking what we use. If you took the time to read his post he was asking if we;
"know of any cases which will allow me to put my S4 into it without taking off the spigen neo hybrid case"
Your insults towards the OP about calling him a woman for using what you consider a coin purse are not only rude, but it also explains what you are 1 infraction
away from being removed from this forum.

dgr8h

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

lol call me what you want mate but I wouldn't be using it on my belt, holding it in my hand and hardly keep it in my pocket . I always use a camera backpack or camera messenger bag and put my phone in there since I do photography I often need to move around bend down and what not which makes it uncomfortable for me to carry in my pocket plus phone can fall out of my pocket very easily (usually need to wear trousers & shirt) just needed something to put it into while its in my backpack/camera bag so it doesn't knock around with anything in the bag when moving from one place to another a softer case will protect my phone and my equipment whilst also being able to take it out of the case easily plus I don't like the look of the otter box that's why I want to keep the neo hybrid case on since I think it looks much better imo.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

lol call me what you want mate but I wouldn't be using it on my belt, holding it in my hand and hardly keep it in my pocket . I always use a camera backpack or camera messenger bag and put my phone in there since I do photography I often need to move around bend down and what not which makes it uncomfortable for me to carry in my pocket plus phone can fall out of my pocket very easily (usually need to wear trousers & shirt) just needed something to put it into while its in my backpack/camera bag so it doesn't knock around with anything in the bag when moving from one place to another a softer case will protect my phone and my equipment whilst also being able to take it out of the case easily plus I don't like the look of the otter box that's why I want to keep the neo hybrid case on since I think it looks much better imo.

I hear ya! I am also a photographer, and agree with you. I do like my Otterbox, but I understand where you are coming from. Ignore the trash, and go with what you feel is best

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Eh to his is there own like i was telling a customer earlier (i work retail atm) to me what is amazing and awsome might be a pile of trash to you and vice versa you like to take pictures i wish it didnt have a camera so i could fit extra battery (ive may be used a camera 44-70 times over the 5 1/2 years ive had smart phones i love otter boxes because im ruff when i worked in resteraunts it was in my pocket getting smashed on grills bun steamers the table ro push out the food and when i washed dishes i usually got soaked when i was in welding school sparks rained down it was in my pocket grinding metal in my pocket working construction in my pocket wrenches climbing ladders running welding leads carrying 20 foot 60 pound air hoses on my shoulders 40 feet up in repeat until i got 400 feet of hose up the stairs running fork lifts in my pocket helping demo houses otter box crawling under my truck to replace shocks the starter lube the crank shaft with greese otter box ik half of this is long and pointless but it withstood it all did i mention i helped un load the trucks stocked the freezers and coolers climbed into steals and stocked the sauces boxes ect otter box tuff as nails

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
you like to take pictures i wish it didnt have a camera so i could fit extra battery (ive may be used a camera 44-70 times over the 5 1/2 years ive had smart phones

We don't do photography with our phones......Wow! He I am sure, and I, both use full SLR cameras....I don't know why I bother, as you don't seem to read anything before
you put your foot in your mouth. Long story short. That's GREAT that you love Otterbox. As do I, but THAT WAS NO THE OP's question. It wasn't what YOU like.
It's what would FIT over TOP of his EXISTING case!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
We don't do photography with our phones......Wow! He I am sure, and I, both use full SLR cameras....I don't know why I bother, as you don't seem to read anything before
you put your foot in your mouth. Long story short. That's GREAT that you love Otterbox. As do I, but THAT WAS NO THE OP's question. It wasn't what YOU like.
It's what would FIT over TOP of his EXISTING case!

Had nothing to do with the op i was making fun of oeople who use their cameras you want a good camera ohone go get a nokia or a galaxy zoom XD YEA IM BEING A BIAST JERK

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Had nothing to do with the op i was making fun of oeople who use their cameras you want a good camera ohone go get a nokia or a galaxy zoom XD YEA IM BEING A BIAST JERK

Wow...There is no point in even trying to have an educated debate with the likes of you....

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow...There is no point in even trying to have an educated debate with the likes of you....

On the contrary i can have a nice decent civilized intelectually stemulating conversation i just choose not to who wants a know it all grandendeliquent uptight person?? Sorry to the op im trashing your thread with nonsense and babbling like a spoiled child

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Chill out guys, I bet metle understood what the OP asked, but he probably was giving an opinion on a different possibility.

Lets be open to other suggestions, the OP might end up liking a different case altogether.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd it seems the op like thinner cases the only thing that might fit over it is a rubber bumper of sorts you must keep in mind that almost all cases are molded to fit the body of the phone to be slightly loose but maybe to a millimeter of tolerances to compensate the slight bending in the poly carbonate body of the phone any case worth it's salt would be a nice tight fit so it's possible to double the cases but it might not be practical and might even damage both cases or the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
So I am a little confused as to what the OP wants. I kind of get the sense that it is a belt clip with a case. But he wants a thinner case.

So here's my two cents. I actually use an otterbox commuter that's not too thick but I do prefer to have my phone on my belt because I'm a mechanic and its annoying in my pocket. However I do have the need for more protection than a naked phone offers. I have found that the belt clip made by seidio fits perfectly with the commuter on the phone. Been using it for a couple months with no problems.

I'm not sure if I exactly answered the question but I figured since my situation is similar I'd give my 2 cents.

P.s. I'd love to see some of your photography.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So I am a little confused as to what the OP wants. I kind of get the sense that it is a belt clip with a case. But he wants a thinner case.

So here's my two cents. I actually use an otterbox commuter that's not too thick but I do prefer to have my phone on my belt because I'm a mechanic and its annoying in my pocket. However I do have the need for more protection than a naked phone offers. I have found that the belt clip made by seidio fits perfectly with the commuter on the phone. Been using it for a couple months with no problems.

I'm not sure if I exactly answered the question but I figured since my situation is similar I'd give my 2 cents.

P.s. I'd love to see some of your photography.

Posted via Android Central App

That sounds about right. Would you also post a pic of your phone with those 2 cases?
That might help the OP a lot more.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers