Charging with the otterbox.

Stefan Groenhout

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought the otterbox for my phone and noticed noticed that the charging port is covered up when not being used. When I go to charge my phone it the flap that covers the port is putting a lot of pressure on the charger. The only reason I'm worried is my last phone stopped charging because the port was so bent up. I don't want this phone to do the same thing. Has anyone had this problem with the otterbox where the phone stops charging from continual charging with the otterbox case on?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I have used Otterbox, but I typically take my cases off when I get home, and I charge at night, so I rarely charge the device while cased. You could trim off the charging cover flap.

Cherie Adkins

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
YES!!! I have this same problem! My phone isn't charging at ALL now. I didn't catch on to the fact that it was the Otterbox doing it until I borrowed my daughter's charger (for two days before I went and bought a new one) and she was mad because when I gave her charger back it was bent and wouldn't charge her phone. So THREE chargers bent by the otter box, and now my phone won't charge.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have the otterbox defender case....
Get the Samsung wireless charger backplate/cover and wireless charging pad.....peel off the foam inside the otterbox defender case, then gently remove the clear screen protector on the otterbox. Fits a little snug, but worked great with my setup and never have to use the USB charging method or hassle with the flaps again.
**If you haven't already registered your device with Sammy, then do so and get 50% off one accessory under 50$.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

dhaid92

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've begun to have this issue as well. My phone won't charge unless I place it with the screen facing down. I guess the only way to resolve this is to remove the silicon case while charging?

fl2oftmd

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Maxx and I use an otterbox. I also drive a truck and my Phone rides in a home made mount on the dash. I leave the charger in the phone all the time. I have not had any problems as of yet..

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I heard about this problem long ago and went with the Mophie instead. Satisfied for a long time now I am changing it with I-blades modular case. Extra battery, memory and environmental sensor modules that are detachable. And the case holds the Military Grade Certificate :) If we are talking about Otterbox they are not my choice for power cases but their Deffender is the best bumper case there ever was.