08-19-2013 03:15 PM
157 ... 567
tools
    I own the active and on my first try i had my wife video me taking off the back, putting it back on as shown on the sticker and dropping it in water in case it broke, it DID NOT. since then i have taken off the back multiple times and shown others by putting it in a 1ft of water that it was water proof, even called it while on under water no issues at all, you do have to put the back on a special way and then press on the spot under the flash
    07-15-2013 07:57 PM
    Got my Active last Friday. Saturday took it in the pool and shot some great underwater pictures and video's. No issues at all.
    07-22-2013 08:41 AM
    seems hit or miss... just seal it up and hope that it will hold tight... My first active worked perfectly for hours of pool time fun
    07-26-2013 10:34 AM
    This happened to me this weekend.... first time, it was fine. 2nd time, it still worked but would not hold a charge. In the end, i looked up how to open this thing on youtube then proceeded to do so.
    The USB flex cable thingy got swimming pool water ( I think this water is worse than tap water for electronics) and the metal points on its pcb had nasty oxidation. Sprayed it with wd-40 and now my phone is 100%. I will NOT intentionally drop this in any type of water from now on as a LOT of things has to be done pefrectly to waterproof it. One snap missed or USB cover not all the way in and you are done....
    I'll just use my waterproof olympus camera for under water photos.
    paulhead likes this.
    08-05-2013 06:43 PM
    Well, I had a lot of people saying that I had a defective phone, I didnt put the cover on right, well like I said before my ATT store had 7 out of 10 returns on the crappy , poorly designed phone, I am the original poster of this thread and I still believe nobody should waste their money on this phone, even if some of you had no problem with it, I promise you , you will..
    Look what samsung and att did , they saw the major screw up this phone has made .

Samsung and AT&T to reportedly exchange water-damaged Galaxy S4 Active handsets
    08-06-2013 11:38 AM
    Well, I had a lot of people saying that I had a defective phone, I didnt put the cover on right, well like I said before my ATT store had 7 out of 10 returns on the crappy , poorly designed phone, I am the original poster of this thread and I still believe nobody should waste their money on this phone, even if some of you had no problem with it, I promise you , you will..
    Look what samsung and att did , they saw the major screw up this phone has made .

Took mine back after a week. I was amazed at how you could do everything correct with that phone and still have damage. After I spent $640, no thanks. Got a lifeproof case for my iphone to use near and in water & sand.

Now I will spend $90 and get the Seidio Obex for the S4 which starts shipping next week.
    08-15-2013 06:19 PM

Before leaving for out of town the week before last, I purchased the Galaxy S4 Active based upon the fact it was a water resistant device. I was headed to Orlando and would be near swimming pools and would be making a trip to Sea World. Before you ask, no, the phone didnt spend time in Sea World on water rides. I did, however, take it with me to the pool.
    After owning the phone for a few days, I had to make a separate and special trip to AT&T to return a water damaged Active. The phone was sealed but water still managed to get in through the lower lefthand corner. The batterys moisture indicator went off but the phone still showed nothing at that point. It took driving to two AT&T stores and being on the phone for nearly an hour before I got to a location that was willing to help. 90 minutes later I got a new Active. It took 90 minutes for the store to help me because they had never done an S4 Active exchange I was their first. The other locations wouldnt help despite Customer Service directing the reps to the AT&T employee portal message about the exchange policy.
    The second Active lasted until last Friday, when it died after being used in the pool. This time I had a bumper case to cover the edges but apparently that was only good enough to keep both moisture indicators from going off. The phone wont recognize a charger being attached. It says the battery temp is too high and refuses to charge. The battery was fine.
    AT&T told me that since I am within my 14 days I can return the device to any corporate store. I am doing that tonight and from there I am going back to Windows Phone. Id rather have a stable device where all the advertised features work versus taking my chances with repeated replacements. No, I wont get a regular Galaxy S4 after the issues I encountered with the Active.
    08-19-2013 03:15 PM
157 ... 567