Just got the phone, went swimming, does NOT work

natataka

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
can you guys confirm that it has wireless charging capabilities similar to s4? better yet, can someone upload and image of the back and back cover. thanks

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's one thing if you want a s4 because you like touchwiz or making googly eyes at it while you scroll but as far as a waterproof phone I'd have to agree that the ever so beautiful experia z is the way to go

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Liked the Z and would have gotten one months ago if it was ever released in US. But now the battery life reports are not very good on it and its a 6 month old phone that still isn't available in the US.

Posted via Android Central App

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile is now showing it on there site running 4.2.2 but just sys coming soon from what I'm told July but it is a def

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just saw the phone at an AT&T store. Big, bulky and ugly compared to regular S4 IMO.

I decided to keep my S4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up this phone, and think the only thing wrong with it is that it has too much bloatware on it....but thats to be expected from any subsidized phone....I can completely see where the OP could have thought the back was on but may not have been completely sealed. There are specific instructions on the back on how to press it closed to ensure it is indeed closed. it took a couple of extra presses to ensure the lock of the back when I tested it......for me this will be a great phone....kids are always in the pool and we are always on muddy ATV trails....I alwys have my phone with me "AT RISK". This phone is not in the least bulky and is almost indistinguishable from the S4 with the exception of the styling on the back....check it out for yourself.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm no phone is waterproof. It's advertised as water resistant not waterproof. It's pretty hard to proof electronics from their arch nemesis.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung will have a major problem with this phone, this phone is definitely not waterproof
Yep. so much for samsungs quality control :-*

What's funny is that they specifically say in their warranty that it's NOT covered by any kind of liquid damage.

What is not covered?
This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product. This Limited Warranty does not cover: (a) defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress; (b) scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by SAMSUNG

You might want to look into the Sony Xperia Z, which IS waterproof.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This phone is rated at the same water resistance rating as the Xperia Z. There are starting to be reports from those owners of water damage also on XDA forum. Seems the back pops open on the Experia Z. And they don't warranty water damage either. They assume you didn't close the flaps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I filled up my tub and put my phone in there for 3 minutes with no problem at all. Also at work I ran it under the sink to wash off the screen. The look I got from my coworkers was priceless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I filled up my tub and put my phone in there for 3 minutes with no problem at all. Also at work I ran it under the sink to wash off the screen. The look I got from my coworkers was priceless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, at this point it looks like the OP either accidentally opened the back cover orbhas a defective phone.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SG4 Frustrated User

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you for real?

Where does it say this phone is water proof?.... when you put your sim and battery in, did it not register that the plastic back is not sealed?

Now if you had spent $8 on a waterproof phone case and it didn't work, then you would have a case....

You sound like my son who walked into the sea with his brand new ipod in his pocket... he had it less than 2 days... Expensive lesson to learn that you need to take care of your expensive accessories properly.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you for real?

Where does it say this phone is water proof?.... when you put your sim and battery in, did it not register that the plastic back is not sealed?

Now if you had spent $8 on a waterproof phone case and it didn't work, then you would have a case....

You sound like my son who walked into the sea with his brand new ipod in his pocket... he had it less than 2 days... Expensive lesson to learn that you need to take care of your expensive accessories properly.

Lol, the phone does say it's waterproof...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you for real?

The point of this device is being waterproof and more durable...

Transmitted through spacetime.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
the phone does say it's waterproof...
They certainly imply it with Aqua Mode. They even say that you can submerge it in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Plus, you can even listen to music with it while swimming. Sounds fairly waterproof to me.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you for real?

Lol, the phone does say it's waterproof...

The point of this device is being waterproof and more durable...

Transmitted through spacetime.

They certainly imply it with Aqua Mode. They even say that you can submerge it in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Plus, you can even listen to music with it while swimming. Sounds fairly waterproof to me.

He probably mixed it up with the regular GS4.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at this at the ATT store.

Not that much bigger or bulkier or heavier. I like the idea of water resistance as we are often near water on the weekends (go figure, we live in Texas). The camera worked well in the store despite it being a 8 MP. Also the OS had over 10GB available. Not sure why it is more than reported on the S4.

Except for the OP, the ones who have this do you like it? Interesting the OP did not really come back to explain... I could see using this on the weekends. I have $650 I was saving for the Google editions hitting next week but this may be more practical in terms of using near the pool etc. Thoughts?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm no phone is waterproof. It's advertised as water resistant not waterproof. It's pretty hard to proof electronics from their arch nemesis.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

This process tames the arch nemesis for electronics! I had my daughters iphone 4s done a while back. Really just for water and not rugged or dust proof etc.

Liquipel.com ? Technology