I got the s4 just wondering if the camera and display is a lot different then the s4

Jasonr403

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the s4 just wondering if the actives camera and display is a lot different then the s4 cause I know the active has an 8mp camera not a 13 and the display is LCD compared to the super amoled on the s4. How is the camera and display on the active cause I was considering returning the s4 for the s4 active any advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the s4 just wondering if the actives camera and display is a lot different then the s4 cause I know the active has an 8mp camera not a 13 and the display is LCD compared to the super amoled on the s4. How is the camera and display on the active cause I was considering returning the s4 for the s4 active any advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

The hardware downgrade for the Galaxy S4 active appears to be significant on paper, but there's not much difference if you don't pay very close attention. Performance is consistent throughout.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The hardware downgrade for the Galaxy S4 active appears to be significant on paper, but there's not much difference if you don't pay very close attention. Performance is consistent throughout.

other than the camera and lack of built in thermometer/barometer what other hardware downgrades are there? Went into a store yesterday and played with the Active for a good 30 minutes. Very close to pulling the trigger on it. The screen is easily nicer than my S4 and very close to my HTC One which is the gold standard in displays right now. The advantages over the One screen are it is bigger and the black menu bar on the one bugs the heck out of me (I know an update should take care of this in the future). I guess I'm a little hesitant because I want to know the complete list of hardware differences. Reviews are scarce on this device and there doesn't seem to be a teardown yet. How do the pictures from it compare to the original s4?

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I planned on keeping both the regular and active. After a few days with the active I decided I wont use the regular Sgs4 and returned it. The screen is better to me, especially outside. The camera is probably not quite as good but I really couldn't tell. It's still exceptional. I don't seem to have the lag on the active either. The flap over the charger is about the only drawback. But the positives to me outweigh that immensely.

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I planned on keeping both the regular and active. After a few days with the active I decided I wont use the regular Sgs4 and returned it. The screen is better to me, especially outside. The camera is probably not quite as good but I really couldn't tell. It's still exceptional. I don't seem to have the lag on the active either. The flap over the charger is about the only drawback. But the positives to me outweigh that immensely.

Posted via Android Central App

thanks. you might have just given me the nudge I needed.

techspark

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you're talking about...the S4 Active has a thermometer as well as a barometer sensor.
Are you sure...I have read some posts which say that both the thermometer and barometer sensors r missing on the active. Can someone confirm it please. Looking to buy the active soon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure...I have read some posts which say that both the thermometer and barometer sensors r missing on the active. Can someone confirm it please. Looking to buy the active soon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

How would you check?

Solange82200

May 21, 2012
Visit site
how about the call quality? there is a review on phonescoop stating that call quality is awful compared to s4. I'm in the same boat as Op, just got the s4 and debating returning it for the Active...

AutomaticSlim

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I returned my two week old S4, for the active, and short of the Camera, I don't miss a single thing about the standard S4.
I love the in hand feel of the active, The standard felt very slippery to me.
The call quality for me is the same as the standard.
The ability to add aps to the SD card is a nice touch that was already on my active, and not available to the standard when I traded mine in.
The phone seems a touch snappier in response as well, I'm not sure what that could be attributed to though.
It really is a great device, Just the camera is the only noticeable flaw compared to the standard for me.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the camera on the s4 is better. While the display is nice I think they are both nice. I think the active might have an edge on text on the screen. That said, I am returning my Active sometime this weekend after a week with it. I just get the feeling it is not going to get supported like it should. I mean still no cases from ATT? Not working for me. I also have 3 cases and etc plus the charging back for my S4. I also have a 32GB model so not giving that up. It is a great phone but I may wait for a while and check out one of the Google Editions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

deeddawg

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I went to an AT&T store and downloaded WeatherStation or some other similar app onto an S4 Active. App said there wasn't hardware for thermometer and wouldn't run, so no idea about other sensors. Same on on the S4 next to the Active worked fine.

So that says to me there's no thermometer sensor. YMMV.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has a few cases. There is a case-mate and a Otterbox defender so far.

In the store? I stopped into my store and called two others last night around 6 and no cases for the Active.

I think the active will always be 2nd to the S4 and since I have an s4, I am keeping that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara