s4 active warranty information

tjtime

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else check out the warranty info that came in the box. Samsung says that it does not cover damages caused by moisture or dust. So thinking that this must be wrong and that they would definitely cover the damages they advertise in their commercials I called the 800 number and talked to a Samsung rep. Sure enough they DO NOT cover any water damage. I asked why not and he didn't have any really good answers. I'm still confused why they would advertise the phone to be waterproof/resistant but not stand behind it.

-Tim

davidusr

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I read a review of this phone on Best Buys website. Basically confirmed this. They said they used their phone in the water, inside got wet, AT&T said they don't warranty water damage, and they are waiting on and definitive answer from Samsung, but have told by Samsung that water damage is not covered. They escalated the case with Samsung.

I just bought one, but am considering returning it. Ridiculous they wouldn't cover water damage if it leaked due to a factory defect.

strohlio

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This literally happened to me. Factory defect, and it was ruined by less than 2 seconds of water exposure. All sensors started to fail. Samsung won't do ****, neither will AT&T. Good bye $900. I have a chat window history for full proof of my situation. I'm very pissed off and disappointed with Scamsung.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is one of my biggest concerns with the whole "water-proof" phone concept.

I know there aren't a lot of other water proof or resistant phones out there, but those that are, do they list water damage as a reasonable warranty issue? I don't have time right now to dig, but I'd be interested to know..

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This was pulled from the Sony Xperia Z user manual. Looks like they are even LESS willing to help if you dunk your phone.

Water resistance
In order for your device to be water resistant, the covers for the micro USB port, the
micro SD card, the micro SIM card and the headset connector must be firmly closed.
Avoid exposing your device to environments with excessive dust or moisture. Normal
wear and tear along with damage to your device can reduce its ability to resist dust
or moisture. Do not use your device in the following conditions:

Ocean water
Swimming pool
Diving
Hot water
Sand/mud
Other liquidchemicals

Never submerge the device, the micro USB port, the micro SD card, the micro SIM
card or the headset connector in water, expose the device to any liquid chemicals, or
expose your device to moist environments with extreme high or low temperatures. If
water or liquid gets on the micro USB port, the micro SD card, the micro SIM card
and the headset connector, wipe it off with a dry cloth. The water resistance of the
micro USB port, the micro SD card, the micro SIM card and the headset connector is
not guaranteed in all environments or conditions.

If water gets on the speaker, dry the speaker for approximately three hours before
using it again.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I wonder if this will lead to a lawsuit? I love how all of these companies will take your money before you even get it out of your wallet but then you have to fight tooth and nail to get it back or at least justified.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
and to think I was waiting for the s4 active on verizon. Unbelievable. Might as well buy a lifeproof case for my s3 and call it good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer